Any interruption of pregnancy may have a variety of consequences, including infertility. It is therefore necessary to weigh everything "for" and "against", and only then take one of the most important decisions in life.
Until recently there were two ways abortionand they were associated with surgery. At this point in time, modern medicine uses another method of abortion, which is recommended by the World Health Organization and is considered safer for the health of the woman.
Medical termination of pregnancy is carried out only in the short term - up to 6-7 weeks. The function of the drug mifepristone, which is used to induce abortion, is that by using it for a few hours terminate action on the uterus such as the hormone progesterone, which has the primary task in the body of a woman to bear a child - saving pregnancy. In most cases, this was enough time to pregnancy was permanently interrupted and, as a result, had a miscarriage.
The next important step in the process of abortion is to take two days following drug - misoprostol. With it occurs uterine wall and the disclosure of its collar, whereby the germ and "leaves". This time the woman may be accompanied by various unpleasant symptoms:
- dragging pain in the abdomen;
- increase in body temperature to 38 degrees;
- may begin nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
- spotting varying severity.
Better medical abortion is still held under the supervision of a physician. If a woman refuses to do so, then it should be possible at any time to contact the doctor on phone and report the symptoms occur for the correct counseling and exclude any complications.
After 10-14 days, you need a final visit to the doctor who examines a woman for to eliminate and prevent any infection due to the remnants of necrosis residues embryo. Also in rare cases, a doctor can detect an incomplete abortion. In this case assigned surgery.
Any interference could adversely affect the health of women, however, the medical method of abortion has several advantages over surgery:
- It eliminates the possible complications after surgery and general anesthesia
- It does not require a finding of women hospitalized
- Prevents damage to various cervical and uterine mucosa itself, which, unfortunately, are unavoidable during surgical intervention
- Significantly reduces the risk of inflammation after abortion
- It reduces the level of a pregnant trauma associated with abortion
- It is also reduces the risk of impaired fertility in the female body
- Medication abortion is preferable for young or nulliparous women yet.
Despite the fact that medical abortion is considered safer for some women it also has a number of contraindications:
- Not recommended for medical abortion under the age of 18 and over 35 years old
- The presence of infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases, and diseases associated with the digestive tract
- Pathological problems with the kidneys, liver, heart and blood vessels
- Disorders associated with blood clotting
- Various allergic reactions
- The adoption of the three months before pregnancy oral contraceptives.
Contraindications to the use of medical abortion are many enough, so independently apply these drugs is strictly prohibited. You must select a clinic with the presence of appropriate licenses and permits, as well as to adhere to absolutely all the recommendations of a leading expert and not miss any of the designated visiting doctor.
Also be sure to ask aboutwhy should not rush to abortion when an unplanned pregnancy: 3 good reasons
Picture text: istockphoto.com