Overprotective or giperprotektsiya - is excessive parental control over the child's life. While the child is small - it looks strange and ridiculous, but in the future could turn into a lot of trouble.
1. Parents are always with childAt least one of them. On clothes his son at the same time could still be a tag with your phone number and home address, on the hand - watches with GPS. His drive to and from school at any age, never allowed out alone, always decide for the child, capable because of their age to make decisions, and that when he was there, what to wear, when to come home, how to look and etc.
2. If a child refuses to comply with the requirements of parents for any reason, or is trying to assert their independence and borders - in the course can go blackmail and manipulation of orders. Tears and cries to the statements that the child, "his mother's death and wants to do it does not appreciate." We also note that overprotection - it is not always "merit" mothers and fathers suffer from this.
3. Baby do not allow yourself to face the problems and solve them. Any potentially dangerous situation parents are nipped in the bud: do not allow your child to climb on the horizontal bar, stairs, hills, when he can and wants to do it himself, even with insurance. A child can not by itself solve the conflict with the other kids on the playground - parents just take the initiative, at all intervene everywhere to protect, and then act ahead of the curve.
4. Parents make excessive demands on the child with respect to its performance in school, extra curricular activities, sports in the university. Under this pressure, the child is always in a state of heightened stress, fear any setbacks, tragically imperfect senses and assess the results. Either the parents go to the other extreme - perform for the child all the homework, crafts, pictures, begging the doctors exemption from physical education. It completely denies the child the desire to learn something new in sports.5. Parents constantly check his pockets and baby things, supervise correspondence with social networks, mobile phone and PC content, even if the child is not far from the child. Or can even forbid yourself to use the Internet.
6. Parents are free to decide with whom their child to be friends, Build a relationship, prohibit to communicate with those who do not like them personally.
7. The child is not able to choose what he wants to wear or eats can not determine what he likes, what he should do without the guidance of parents and what to do. The child in no way takes the initiative, completely self-centered.
The overprotection is harmful to the child? He grows totally independent, is often not self-help skills: cook food, wash clothes, clean the house, pay the bills, appointment with the doctor and hairdresser, etc.
People who are overly patronized in childhood and is likely to continue to take care of an adult, not have experience of self-help, can not succeed in building a career and personal life. They grow hysterical, prone to depression, illness, are unable to control their emotions and desires, his life. overprotection also causes a delay of intellectual and emotional development, low self-esteem.
If the above signs of overprotection you know your relationship with your child, you must first to admit to ourselves that this situation needs to be changed for his own good, and not have to change his behavior, and your. To look at the situation from the outside, and to determine how to proceed, you need the help of a qualified psychologist.
You will be interested to know Top 7 Tips harmful to adults about parenting.