A simple quick borscht recipe: how to cook in 20 minutes
Borscht is a favorite dish of many. But definitely not women who cook it for more than one hour.
- 500 ml of meat broth
- 350 g beets
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ground black pepper
- sour cream
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Next, lay out the finely chopped onion and sauté, stirring until golden brown for about 4 minutes.
- Then add the broth.
- Toss in the diced potatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Prepare the beet in advance, cut it into 1-2 cm cubes.
- Simmer the vegetable in a saucepan for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stewed beetroot to the borscht and then the vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Cover the future borscht with a lid and continue to cook until the broth turns dark red and the potatoes are very soft.
- Mix the sour cream and horseradish in advance.
- Serve the borscht with a spoonful of horseradish sour cream and sprinkle with parsley.
The amount of ingredients can be increased if there is more of you. You can also cook borsch in vegetable broth if you need a dietary version of the dish.
- Diet juices for children: recipe step by step
- Diet apple strudel in pita bread: recipe step by step
- Fruit pancake rolls: recipe step by step