Rhesus conflict - this is an immunological incompatibility between the blood of a pregnant woman and the unborn child. This pregnancy requires careful monitoring and additional surveys. What is so dangerous Rh disease and what to do to avoid complications?
Such pregnancy usually proceeds with various complications, which is important to prevent hold time conflict prevention immune via administration Rh Rho (D) immunoglobulin. What is it dangerous?
What are the complications of Rh-conflict
- the threat of termination of pregnancy;
- fetal hypoxia;
- intoxication syndrome;
- premature birth;
- hemolytic disease;
- intrauterine fetal death.
What is hemolytic disease and how dangerous is it? One of the most dangerous complications of blood incompatibility between mother and child by Rh factor or blood group is Hemolytic disease of the fetus and the newborn Hemolytic disease occurs in 3-6% of cases, among immunokonfliktnyh pregnancies. In this disease the mother's blood mixes with the blood of the fetus. The antibodies that are produced in a woman's body, through the placenta into the blood of the fetus and destroy red blood cells, leading to toxic baby products breakdown of hemoglobin.
Hemolytic disease of the newborn has three forms:
- bilious - increased bilirubin, which is a result of the destruction of red blood cells can cause destruction of brain cells, deafness, cerebral palsy and delayed development of the child. This happens if the bilirubin rises to a critically high values. Manifests a form of HDN yellowness of skin and mucous membranes of the newborn. This is the most common form of hemolytic disease.
- anemic- indicates a low level of hemoglobin and hematocrit. It appears excessive pallor of skin covers the newborn. It occurs in 10-20% of cases.
- edematous- the most dangerous form of HDN, has the highest percentage of deaths. On this form HDN indicates anemia, edema (fluid accumulation in the abdomen), pleural effusion (fluid accumulation in the pleural cavity).
How dangerous Rh conflict for women? Rhesus-conflict can not be held for the female body is almost no danger, the only complications can arise in the case of fetal death, it is fraught with inflammation.
Treatment and prognosis.Treatment and course of the disease depends on the shape and degree of severity of HDN. In mild and moderate forms, after treatment, children grow and develop in the same way as their peers. When the level of bilirubin 257-342 microns mol / l and more 1/3 children may be deviation of neuropsychological development. Anemia may persist for several months. Children with central nervous system disorders requires close medical supervision by a neurologist, ophthalmologist and pediatrician. Newborns with hemolytic disease vaccination in the hospital is not carried out.
Prevention.For the prevention of Rh-conflict during pregnancy are mandatory blood group and rhesus when registering.
During the registration of women with negative Rhesus factor it is necessary to find out:
- Do not conducted a blood transfusion before;
- if there was any abortions, miscarriages;
- if children are born with the disorder.
Women in the Rh negative, in the case of miscarriage or abortion, it is necessary for 72 hours to give an injection Rh immunoglobulin.
In addition, pregnant women routinely performed blood tests for antibodies Rh. In the case of rapid increase, a woman require treatment with anti-D-globulin (Rh).
Also be sure to ask about than dangerous low position of the placenta during pregnancy