Most importantly, remember the symptoms.
Meningitis is an inflammation of the pia mater covering the human brain and spinal cord. If an ailment is detected in time, then its treatment will pass relatively quickly and without consequences. However, if the treatment is started, then it can even be fatal.
If you notice one of the symptoms of meningitis in a child, this is a good reason to call an ambulance.
- high fever (cold hands and feet);
- vomiting, refusal to eat;
- the child is restless;
- rapid breathing;
- pale skin and rash;
- the crying of a child and moans are not typical for him;
- the occipital muscles are tense;
- Strong headache;
- muscle pain.
Treatment of meningitis in children
Even if a child has a suspicion of meningitis, he is immediately admitted to an infectious diseases hospital. He is assigned to bed rest, maximum rest and diet.
The child is prescribed antibiotics and antiviral therapy. If the disease is severe, the child needs respiratory support.
You will be interested to know:
- 9 signs of meningitis that all parents should know about
- 5 products for joint health;
- throw these 7 things away and you will keep your health.